Club Structure & Organisation
BADASSn is a social group whose members organise dives and help keep the club running.
- New members pay a joining fee. There are no membership fees at the moment so the joining fee is effectively a life membership.
- We keep in touch using an email service that eliminates spam and allows any member to send an email to all members. We have to pay for this service so it's limited to Active members only. We also have an opt-in WhatsApp group where much of the club chat happens.
- Our members organise our dives. When and where is up to the organiser(s) and we normally use any of the dive operators on island - most know us well and offer preferential rates for BADASSn dives.
- We dive as buddy pairs, rather than follow the leader. This can be intimidating for beginners but it soon builds confidence and allows you to dive at your own pace.
- We need members to take part in running the club, which is entirely voluntary so any help is appreciated, whether it's updating the website, organising events, looking after the finances, membership outreach and so on. These things only happen when someone volunteers to do it!
- We have a Facebook page that's useful for sharing photos and information.
- Members that have not participated in club activities for a while may be switched to 'Inactive' or members can unsubscribe themselves anytime. Being Inactive is okay - life happens and members come and go. Inactive members can request re-activation anytime - just use the 'Contact Us' button at the bottom of this page. We'll have a record of your membership somewhere, but personal details like email address will need to be updated.